Connect with me

Friday, December 19

Red Velvet Cake Pops

For a great party these days people go all out with food and fancy decorations - my family is no different. We love the process of making stuff, baking, gathering ideas and in all having fun while preparing for a celebration with our friends and family. This time we made red velvet cake pops for my stepfather´s Birthday party and they looked very elegant. 

My sister Nina and our friend Bori are baking artists if you ask me. They did a fantastic job in making these gorgeous desserts. First they prepared a red velvet cake batter, baked it and waited for it to cool off. Then they added frosting, mixed it thoroughly and rolled it into 1 inch-balls. After they cooled off, it was time for the fun part - decorating! :) 

I bought a bag of white Candy Melts and I was really impressed with them. We melted them in a microwave and dipped the cakes into the melted candy. After a few minutes of them drying, Bori and Nina decorated them with melted chocolate and sprinkles. They really tried hard and make awesome looking mini cake pops. I was eating them all night long, even though we had ten different types of pastry to choose from. Delicious and gorgeous!





A tip: Use a block of Styrofoam and put foil on it, so that you have a great holder to stick the cake pops in while they are drying. 




With love,


Maja

3 comments:

  1. Please check your Twitter account - I think it's been hacked. I sent you an email about a strange DM I received from you and just now I received another one, exactly like the first one, 19 minutes apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know! I am already changing my security settings. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete