Connect with me

Wednesday, November 12

Lemon Meringue Pie - Me Baking

I enjoyed watching a cooking show called "MasterChef" last week. That wasn´t my first choice, but since there was nothing else interesting on TV and I was lazy to to something else, I watched it and really got into it. I even got a bit obsessed and since then I have watched Jamie Olivers´ 15 Minute Meals and even Junior MasterChef. I did watch cooking shows before, but not for a few years now, so I kind of forgot how much fun they could be. 


This is the was Lemon Meringue Pie is supposed to look
Anyway, on MasterChef three people were competing in semifinals and cooking something in the first round - I don´t remember exactly what. But then one the worst two had to compete by baking a Lemon Meringue Pie, which impressed me very much. My mouth watered the whole time they were tasting and evaluating it. It looked so good. So off course, the next day I had to try to make it myself. I found a great recipe here and it was easy to follow, no doubt there. But as always, I forgot to buy one of the ingredients - cornflour. So I used regular white flour instead and it was fine. But it didn´t look very appealing, I think. Since I changed an ingredient in the filling, I must have messed something up and it didn´t harden the way it was supposed to. But I have faith that when I am baking it again (and using the right ingredients), I will make be the best Lemon Meringue Pie ever. For now, I have made this mess of a pie (Gordon Ramsay sadly wouldn´t be impressed by this):


Before baking for the first time.
Before baking for the second time.
After baking for the second time.
Lemon Meringue Pie
A piece of pie
The hardest part for me was to cook the lemon filling. I got bored stirring it like crazy and when it didn´t turn out the way it was supposed to, I was bummed. I did really like the taste, though. I give this recipe 5 out of 5 stars! 

With love,


Maja

No comments:

Post a Comment